I'm interested in pretty much everything. This site is just a place for me to collect information on projects I've done or tricks I've discovered. I'm not trying to make a community or anything here, so there's no place to enter comments, likes or whatever.
If you're interested in my resume (though I can't imagine why), here's a short version of it.
- The University of Chicago - System Analyst/System Manager, 1997 - Present
- Aerometric, Inc, Sheboygan WI - Photogrammetric Technician/Assistant System Administrator/Digital Orthophoto Specialist, 1993 - 1997
- Computer Science Courses in Algorithms & System Administration at The University of Chicago, 1996 (Yep, dropped out and took a job there instead)
- Master of Science in Surveying Engineering - University of Maine at Orono, 1993
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering - Northwestern University, 1991
Oh, and why coldandheartless? When I was in grad school, I tried to teach myself to play the piano. After finally learning one somewhat difficult (to me) song, I came home to play it for my mother, who has played the piano for years. Upon finishing my song, when I was quite proud of myself for making no mistakes, I asked my mom what she thought. Her answer, "That was the most cold and heartless thing I've ever heard." Every time I remember this, I start laughing at myself. It is one of my all-time favorite memories. My mom is awesome. I asked her for her opinion and she gave it to me.