Quick Baby Quilt

After the success of my Dr. Seuss quilt, I was in the mood to make another quilt. So I used only leftovers from my previous quilts to make a baby quilt for a cousin who is having a baby. My original idea was to make it in 30 days, but I think I took longer than that. I’d have to check my journal to find out exactly when I started it, but I finished it on July 31st. And the baby is due the first week of August, so I’m happy with that. I’m not happy that I haven’t yet mailed it to them, but I’ll try to do that soon.

The other thing I really like about the quilt is that I think I’m finally getting the hang of correctly mitering the corners. Look at how good this corner looks. I actually stopped sewing to take a picture of it because I was so pleased. I’d like to say the other corners all looked like this, but they weren’t as good.

My best corner ever

And here are some pictures of the final quilt. I’m quite pleased with how it turned out.