Birthday Project Result

I took my book out of the press this morning. It's not perfect, but it's not at all bad for my first attempt.

img_5498
The cover looks good.

img_5499
This is my first mistake. I glued the cover paper too much to the text block. I think I maybe did 1/4" of glue. It should have been much less.

img_5500
Here you can see a bit better that I glued too high on the cover.

img_5501
And I made the same mistake on the back cover.

img_5503
The back looks good. But the cover overhangs the pages of the book too much. I think instead of adding and extra inch of leather for the cover, I should have just added and extra 1/2" to fold over.

But, by and large, I'm happy with the result. And now, I'm going to start using it as my own cookbook.